It is getting late here, but I just wanted to share this proud and scary parenting moment with you all. We had heard a lot about the "balance bike" method of teaching little ones and decided we wanted to give it a try. After just a few short weeks of learning to balance on a bike without pedals and training wheels (just coasting along), we decided to let her try out the pedals today and off she went. She seemed pleased but it scared her a little too. She is nervous about it. I just told her that it's okay to feel nervous and that if she practices a little every day, she will feel better and better about it. And considering how many times she has turned her tricycle over, a scooter, bikes with training wheels, etc., I reminded her that this is no different really.
But gosh, can you believe it??!! Amazing!
No comments:
Post a Comment